A reminder to come out and share your opinion on how the Holly Hills SBD funds should be utilized. The latest community meeting will be held at the Stellar Hog (5623 Leona) tomorrow night (Tuesday, June 21) at 7:00pm.
From surveys and community meetings, Holly Hills residents have stated that they would like to see the following:
* Overnight patrols from at least 10pm-6:00am making sure that every street is patrolled and helping to make sure cars aren’t broken into and homes and garages don’t have property stolen from them.
* Maintaining all 2-miles of medians in Holly Hills ensuring they are landscaped and the grass is mowed once a week.
* Getting vehicles to slow down and protecting pedestrians. Painting and highlighting crosswalks whenever appropriate. Working with the City to install speed humps on streets and alleys where necessary.
* Installing gates on the 6 vehicular entrances and exits to Carondelet Park to ensure the park is secured each night, which will deter drag racing, vandalism, and any other criminal activity in the park.
* Have a mobile security camera(s) that can be moved to areas of the neighborhood experiencing issues.
* Install appropriate Holly Hills entrance signage and banners.
What Is A Special Business District?
A special business district (SBD) provides funding for neighborhood improvement projects and services.